MOUNTAIN SAFETY COURSE
This course covers glacier travel and crevasse rescue techniques as they apply to splitboarding or skiing. You will get plenty of hands on practice and should come away from this course with a better understanding of mountain safety. This 3 day course will sharpen your skills and give you confidence you need.
Get the skills needed to tour in big glaciated terrain.
Learn the techniques to perform an effective crevasse rescue.
- Glacier Travel & Navigation
- Rope Team Travel & Belaying
- Anchors & Rope Skills
- Crevasse Rescue
- Alpine Ice Climbing
- Glacial Navigation
We can customize any of our mountain safety courses to fit your needs or desires. Whether you want to sharpen your ski touring skills in glaciated terrain or learn the technical skills needed to climb and descend a big peak safely this course will get you ready.
TRAVEL: splitboards, skis, feet (depending on snow conditions/time of year)
LOCATION: Mount Shasta
- Breakfast & dinner while in the backcountry
- Group camping equipment, such as tents and cooking equipment
- All technical climbing equipment is provided
- Professional guiding and instruction from certified guides
DATES: May 12-14 (2017) June 2-4 (2017)
COST: $775 pp